Trying to VNC | krfb and x11 high CPU usage

Divan Santana divan at kcc.co.za
Thu Sep 8 10:40:58 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've never used this method of help before hopefully someone can help.

I have several kubuntu machines and I cannot seem to get VNC sharing working
correctly like I can on Windows.

I go through settings and enable krfb sharing.
When I connect the machine's load average shoots up and machine will slow
down dramatically.

If I do a top I see x11 and krfb especially x11 is using extremely high cpu
usage. This is obviously not normal.

Any idea what I can do?

I am using realvnc from windows to connect to machine.
This happens on all kubuntu machines I've tried(ATI and nvidia based PC's)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Divan Santana