Best media player?

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Oct 31 13:25:23 UTC 2005

Scott wrote:

>On 10/26/2005 09:39 PM, Lionel wrote:
>

>>Doug Holland wrote:

>>>I'd recommend both xine and mplayer. Kaffeine's a good KDE front end
>>>to the xine engine, I use it a lot. You'll probably want to get the
>>>w32 codecs as well, though I don't know where to download them these
>>>days since the (K)ubuntu people can't legally distribute them...
>>>

>>I agree with mplayer, it's by far the best.
>>

>Why does every one love a butt-ugly (circa 1998) GTK1 app so much?
>
>Go with Kaffeine. If that's not enough then get VLC.

mplayer seems to work about 1/3 of the time for me.  How do I get
konqueror and Firefox to use kaffeine instead?  And can it handle movies
embedded in a page the way mplayer sometimes does?

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c