kmail questions

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Fri Oct 28 01:14:43 UTC 2005

Art Alexion wrote:

(Do you think you could do something about the excessive number of blank
lines your program inserts?)

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>
>>Probably not really.
>>I just like the way kontact is set up.  I haven't
>>used thunderbird in a while, but I think it probably has most of the same
>>components - iirc, it has a calendar, and it definitely does mail & news.
>>Does it do rss?
>
> Yes, it does RSS nicely.
>
>>I doubt it does weather - but that could as easily be a
>>standalone app as be integrated to kontact.
>
> Does not do weather, but you can put the weather app in the KDE panel.

Exactly - I could live without it in kontact too.  imo, it's pointless.

>>The one thing thunderbird
>>really misses is Palm synchronization - which isn't very necessary if you
>>don't have a Palm.
>
> Palm sync is important to me.  Full Mozilla does a Palm sync with the
> addressbook only.  It just includes a addressbook conduit, but for some
> reason, this feature never made it into Thunderbird.

Without my calendar sync, I'd be dead - probably at the hands of my
wife :-).  When she discovered that I could actually remember appointments,
she wondered why I hadn't bought a Palm years earlier.
--
derek