kmail questions

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Oct 27 21:03:54 UTC 2005

federico wrote:

>On Wednesday 26 October 2005 18:09, Art Alexion wrote:
>Art Alexion escribió:
>

>>Thanks.  I hadn't realized that about automatic selection.  Now, if I
>>could only get it to send my messages instead of permanently parking
>>them in the outbox.....  :-(
>>

>Have you checked in the setting window,  Accounts->Sending?
>
>There is, in the bottom, a "Default send method".
>Mine says: Send now.
>
>Also the other opts as I have them:
>
>Confirm Before send: Unchecked.
>Send messages in outbox folder: Never Automatically.
>( no clue, never changed it )
>
>This way it works charmingly for me.
>
>Oh!, and try right-click on the outbox folder,
>there should be a "Send queued messages" option.
>
>Happy kmailing ;-)

I have all of the same settings.  I confirmed that I have configured the
server correctly by doing the same as I did with Thunderbird.
Nonetheless, sent messages go to the outbox, and the "send queued
messages" command does not seem to do anything; not even disk or network
activity or an error.

Is there a log file or source of debug information so that I can see
what is happening?

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c