kmail questions

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Oct 26 21:09:46 UTC 2005

federico wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Wednesday 26 October 2005 16:27, Art Alexion wrote:
>Art Alexion escribió:
>

>>2. While it is nice that I can set up different identities connected
>>      to different POP accounts, I can't find any way or documentation
>>      on how to switch identities "on the fly", that is, on an ad hoc
>>      per message basis.  Is this possible, or do I always have to
>>      reconfigure the default identity?  (I noticed that I can assign
>>      identities to folders, but how does this help me when replying to
>>      messages in the inbox?)
>>

>Kmail will select the identity that matches the address the mail
>was delivered to. In my inbox I have mail that comes to several
>accounts I use. If I hit reply, it will have the identity auto
>selected correctly. This breaks with mail where the to: field
>does not match the address of one of your identities.
>
>To change the default identity or the one selected by kmail
>in the open compose window, you have View->Identity item
>in the menu. Choose this and over the to: fields there appears
>an Identity combobox.

Thanks.  I hadn't realized that about automatic selection.  Now, if I
could only get it to send my messages instead of permanently parking
them in the outbox.....  :-(

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c