Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Tue Oct 25 23:30:29 CDT 2005

Merv Curley wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 October 2005 09:24, Art Alexion wrote:
>> One thing I really miss in the current KDE and Gnome file dialogs
>> is the lack of a text entry box where you can just type the path
>> instead of having to navigate up and down the one branch to another
>> of the directory tree.
>>
>> Is there a way to restore this?
>

> If you want to change the location to open a file in Kate just enter
> the path in the top location box.  You have to enter the file name
> in the Location box.  The top box is also a file chooser,
> enter /usr/ for example and you can choose directories that appear.
> Enter a  ~  and you will be changed to your home directory.  I find
> it almost as fast as typing.

Thank you.  I think I hadn't noticed that because I am still using a few GTK
apps and had confused the Gnome2 dialogs with those of KDE3.  They look
very similar, but you are correct, KDE dialogs still have a location box
for text entry, which is gone in Gnome.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @