Connection speed

Merv Curley mcurley at eol.ca
Wed Oct 26 02:57:16 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 11:35, federico wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I don't have an answer but another
> question ...
>

>  I 've been downloading Breezy packages
> ( apt-get -d ... ) for the last few days now
> ( such a slow connection I have :-( )

Well your download speed is often related to the server.  You may be
trying to get your files from a very busy server.  I understand that
the us mirror is slow,  I have no problems with  the Canadian
[ca.archive.ubuntu.com]  archive.  I often go to a European mirror
when it is after 8-9 pm here in Eastern Can..

> Is this true? If there's something that keeps me
> away from gnome is the crippled file browser.

I have heard that before but I don't use Gnome so I don't know
personally.

> Can anyone confirm this? Does Breezy Kubuntu
> cripples the kde filechooser, too? That alone could
> make me cancel the download and restore my hoary
> sources.list.

The filechoosers in Kubuntu work very fast as far as I can see.  How
can it be crippled?

> > Is there a way to restore this?

Restore what?

> Please? :'(