Ripping CD's to MP3's

David A' Rebel obsidion at xtra.co.nz
Tue Oct 25 06:42:55 UTC 2005

About Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:25 Lionel wibbled about Re: Ripping CD's to MP3's :
> Jonathan Jesse wrote:
> > It has been awhile since i have had the storage space and the desire to
> > rip CDs to MP3 but as I have recently bought my wife an Ipod it is time
> > to do so for her.
> >
> > Best software to convert CDs to MP3s?  Used to use Right-Click-MP3 on
> > Windows box couple of years ago.
>
> This is a linux newsgroup and as such I don't know what windows has to
> do with it?

 There really was no need for that comment. The OP might have been a little
windows did it better but why rise to the bait.

> I have used grip in the past, it is good but I was ripping for .ogg, you
> will need to install a plugin to handle mp3's.
>
> Lionel.

 Possibly the best easiest in kubuntu is kaudiocreator with lame installed.

--
*~~~~~~DakaR
http://linux.kwister.com