knemo and kded problems.

Scott angrykeyboarder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 03:10:58 UTC 2005

I happened upon Knemo in the Universe repository recently and I thought
I'd give it a try.

That was a big mistake.  It relies on some part of kdelibs called "kded"
and it eats memory like it's going out of style.

At one point it's usage was over 1GB.   I found out when my computer was
crawling.  I looked at the process table and found the culprit.

I tried restarting only to find it was chowing down on memory again so I
killed Knemo and uninstalled it.

kded is behaving now.

I wish this could be fixed somehow.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I'm running Kubuntu Breezy (i386) with it's default KDE installation.

Thanks in advance.