Some remarks about Kubuntu 5.10

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Tue Oct 18 14:35:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 15:54, R.P.M.Koendering wrote:
> Also I do not like the Kubuntu Settings method. Is there a way to install
> the standard solution??

[alt]+F2 "kcontrol"

> Once more, like i asked for the previous version, the fonts are ugly. I do
> have anti-aliasing for fonts on medium hinting style.
>
> I.e. the fonts should look smooth like other distributions (Mandriuva,
> SuSe, Fedora, PCLinuxOS).
>
> Is there someone who can help me to improve my ugly fonts to an acceptable
> form.

"Ugly" means something different for every person on our small planet. How
about supplying a screenshot, and explaining what exactly do you mean? (I
might agree, if only I knew ...)

> Also there is a ugly gray screen when starting before the Kubutu blue
> appears. Other distro's do not have this gray screen.

Isn't that Xorg's standard moire screen?

> I do like the boot screen, but not when I stop. Can we get the same screen
> when stopping?

I think that's planned for Dapper Drake, but might be wrong.

> Once more I do like Kubuntu and when I CAN SOLVE MY MINOR POINTS I will
> keep using it!

NO NEED TO SHOUT!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111oneoneelevenbbq ;-)

> Software request: KAT for searching documents, [...]

sudo apt-get install kat ?

Best regards,
--
sebas