upgrade experience

Xurxo Fernandez xurxo13 at terra.es
Sun Oct 16 01:43:44 UTC 2005

Hi,
I had hoary with 3.5 beta desktop and did the apt-get update and
dis-upgrade. After that startx wont work (it says it cannot find the
x-folder in home directory). It could be caused for the beta desktop, i dont
know, but after trying a few things i decided to go windows style and format
everything (i had all but mail backed up).

Now breezy its working flawless. It's been a huge step for me, since my usb
dongle now works great. I didnt have to compile any driver or use
ndiswrapper (zyxel b220). Before i had to plug and unplug the dongle several
times when loading the hotplug modules to make it work.

Anyway, excellent work from the kubuntu guys, thanks a lot.