OpenOffice.org Not Using KDE Theme

Andy Choens gunksta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 20:43:04 UTC 2005

On 10/7/05, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.nl> wrote:
> > Andy Choens <gunksta at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If anyone knows how to trick OOo into looking like a pretty KDE app, I'd
> > love to hear about it.  It sure would make my time in KDE land look more
> > consistent. --andy
>
> Does the following in /etc/openoffice/openoffice.conf have any effect?
>
> # force OOo to use theme settings from gnome or KDE or disable?
> # set to 'gnome', 'kde' or 'none' to override the autodetection
> #export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome

After much effort and web surfing I now realize that the entirety of
my problem is a problem with my QT locales.  When I try to start a
program like swriter from within KDE, I get the following outpt from
the commandline.

I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "en_US.UTF-8"
I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"
I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "C"
Qt: Locales not supported on X server

At this point OOo is clearly trying to use QT.  I tried installing
EVERY english language pack I could find.  Then I installed some
spanish ones I'd been meaning to install anyway.  Then, for good
measure I reconfigured locales from the commandline.  Then I reset my
computer.  Lots of fun, no change in behavior.

I tried googling for QT locales, but haven't found anything useful, or
I looked right over it not realizing it was what I wanted.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to set my QT locales, that
would be great.  qtconfig does not offer a way to do this, I looked.

--andy