Printing man pages

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Oct 6 00:17:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 03:31, Daniel Axtell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with my previous Linux distro, Mandrake, I used to
> print man pages with the enscript command as follows:
>
> man MANPAGE | esncript -2 -j -r
>
> and I'd get a nice 2-column, landscape mode printout
> with borders and a tiny font.  Now when I do that
> under Kubuntu with the same Brother USB laser printer,
> the left margin is off the page and various
> punctuation marks are way off.

See if this works any better for you:

man -t MANPAGE | psnup -c2 | lpr

or create a shell script (call it "printman" and dump it in your path):

#!/bin/bash
# Invoke with: printman MANPAGE

man -t $1 | psnup -c2 | lpr

The output is in postscript so you may need to tweak the "lpr" commands for
you printer.

HTH,

James
--