File ownership errors

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Wed Nov 16 22:45:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:23, tudza wrote:
> Now I notice that I'm getting this sort of thing when I use a sudo
> command.  It may be just a coincidence that I see it after trying to get
> file sharing working and trying to get swat working.
>
> Do I need to do anything about this?
>
> tudza at sae:~$ sudo konqueror

Try this instead:
$ kdesu konqueror

The KDE "su" program handles all these permissions issues for you :)

The errors you are seeing have nothing to do with Samba, but everything to
do with the fact you're running a user session of KDE and trying to spaw a
konqueror instance as a different user.  Use "kdesu" for X-based (KDE) apps
from the command line that require elevated privileges.

HTH,

James
--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged
demo.