File ownership errors

tudza tudza at tudza.com
Wed Nov 16 11:23:25 UTC 2005

It was suggested that I try running Samba to share files on my Linux box with my Windows machine.

I have Samba running as far as I can tell, because I can find a samba connection listed in my Windows
workgroups section.  I cannot sign on though because it continually rejects my username and
password for this Linux machine, even though I know I am typing them correctly.

I tried to deal with this using systemsettings Sharing screens, but that doesn't do any good.

Now I notice that I'm getting this sort of thing when I use a sudo command.  It may be just a
coincidence that I see it after trying to get file sharing working and trying to get swat working.

Do I need to do anything about this?

tudza at sae:~$ sudo konqueror
Password:
Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-tudzaFonGOc" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/var/tmp/kdecache-root"
Error: "/tmp/kde-tudza" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/kde-root"
Error: "/tmp/ksocket-tudzav7waFQ" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-root"