Setting static IP address

Mike Hudson mike.hudson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:56:19 UTC 2005

You may wish to ensure that there is a "gateway" line in the eth0
section of your /etc/network/interfaces file.  An example of a static
IP setup would be below:

iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.0.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.0.0
broadcast 192.168.0.255
gateway 192.168.0.1

I found this information here:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/377578

Perhaps the program you used to enter your static IP should have
recorded the gateway in this file.  Sorry, I don't have Kubuntu
installed right now, so I don't know which program I should suggest
has the bug.

Best Wishes,
Mike Hudson