Strange problem with authentication after screensaver lock.

L. Boggio L.Boggio.KUbuntu at ADonF.info
Tue Nov 15 15:29:17 UTC 2005

Le 14/11/05, Jim McQuiston a dit :

> My question, simply, is why is this simple change of password breaking
> the screensaver, and perhaps kcheckpass? I did not mean to lead the list
> into another potential sudo vs non-sudo argument. I think everyone has
> been down that road.

All I know is that similar problems happened to me when I set one.
I think this is due to achitectural choices from Kubuntu team. And I
hab the idea to remove the root password after reading some threads on
kubuntu forums.
Example :
http://kubuntuforums.net/index.php?topic=757.0
Look at the exchanges between whoiam55 and chscag and the following
answers.
This kind of threads drove me to the solution of the 'sudo passwd -l
root'.

hth

--
L.Boggio
French Kubuntu 5.10 User, and proud of it !