Steve Turnbull steve.turnbull at
Sat Nov 12 08:42:34 CST 2005

On Saturday 12 November 2005 13:23, Art Alexion wrote:
> Steve Turnbull wrote:
> >On Friday 11 November 2005 17:25, L. Boggio wrote:
> >>Le 11/11/05, Art Alexion a dit :

> >>Just have to try that :
> >>

> >>Go for the compilation ;-)
> >
> >I like the look of this app, so I have downloaded the source. I will
> > create a .deb file myself. If works I will tell you how...
> Yeah.  I have no fear of
> ./configure
> sudo make
> sudo make install
> I just want to keep my apt database clean and comprehensive.

If you compile from source, everything *should* get installed
into /usr/local/. This is a default action in most .configure 'prefix='

This means that anything you install this way will not interfer with you apt
packet management, as the rule is that debian packages will never use
the /usr/local...

I did download the source and the configure script fails for me saying;

X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation
and add the correct paths!

I haven't had chance to look into this yet...

Steve Turnbull

Digital Content Developer
YHGfL Foundation

e steve.turnbull at