Kubuntu 5.10 doesn't boot after install on /dev/hdb1

Alexander Zhuckov zuav at int.spb.ru
Tue Nov 8 17:00:52 UTC 2005

Hi!

I tried to install Kubuntu 5.10 at home on /dev/hdb1. On /dev/hda I have
other OS.

Installer defaults to install lilo in MBR on /dev/hdb. It doesn't
work. I had a lot of fun loading old kernels from formatted disk with
old lilo from /dev/hda's MBR ;)

After I installed lilo in MBR on /dev/hda, kernel booted OK, by stopped
very quickly and leaved me with Busybox prompt and almost empty
filesystem. Last log record was about me not having /sbin/init.

I tried only kernel-2.6.12-0-386.

Can anybody help me with this installation problem?

--
Alexander Zhuckov