realtek alc880

Homer Azari homer.azari at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:06:19 UTC 2005

does anyone for the love of god (reply even if you don't just so i
know i'm not wasting time) know how to have kubuntu 5.10 detect the
Realtek ALC880 soundcard.
I tried downloading the driver from their site, but the auto install
didn't work and the instructions for manual install don't work.
Even if you don't have that card but had a similar problem , please,
please help, I can't take this anymore, its like I want to shoot
myself, its my last resort before I go back to windows. please show
some charity.