Kubuntu hangs on hotplug subsystem startup

Homer Azari homer.azari at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 12:32:34 UTC 2005

i'm new to the whole linux thing. i finally got my pc to load
(previously it was stuck on starting hotplug subsystems) by disabling
my sound card in BIOS but when kubuntu loads, i have no sound. How can
I make it so my soundcard which is a Realtek Alc880 is detected and
works? please bear in mind that i'm new and don't know any
programming, but i'm good at copy and pastng ;)