Applying filters to IMAP-inboxed automatically (in Kmail)?

Simon Rönnqvist simon at iki.fi
Tue Nov 1 16:03:11 UTC 2005

  Hi!

Since I'm subscribing to a couple of mailinglists (such as this one) I've made
some mailfilters to separate these mails from others. However, I figured that
Kmail doesn't apply the filters I've made to mails coming into the inboxes of
my IMAP accounts, and I need to mark them and choose Apply Filters (or push
Ctrl+J) to get them filtered. This is really disturbing, and a real
showstopper for Kmail in case it doesn't get resolved.

The only solution (kind of) that I've found is this one:
http://lf.starlogik.de/kmail_spam.shtm
But it'd really suck having to start doing these kinds of hacks just to get a
basic kind of functionality such as filtering IMAP-mail. Are there easier
ways?

  cheers, Simon