X-Headers

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Nov 1 00:58:05 UTC 2005

andrew wrote:

> On Monday 31 October 2005 18:16, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> andrew wrote:
>> > My first posting here. Coming straight from Windows I am quite pleased
>> > with the package (5.04 I think) but cannot get knode to honour my "x-no
>> > header yes " line.
>>
>> What do you mean?
>
> I mean that I have set the "X-No Archive: yes" line under the:
> Configure-Kontact->Posting News->X Headers menu but my recent usenet post
> has appeared without this line.

Have you checked if it's visible in Google?  btw, I'm pretty certain it's
you used the right header _and_ Google shows your post, then there's a
problem.  If it isn't available in Google, it means that somewhere along
the way it was stripped, but it's neither KNode's responsibility (because
it must have been there when it reached Google) nor of any significance to
KNode, anyway.
--
derek