KDE 3.4.1 packages (Aussie mirrors)

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Tue May 31 22:52:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 01:08 am, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> KDE 3.4.1 packages are available for hoary from this deb source (edit
> /etc/apt/sources.list)
>
>  deb http://download.kde.org/stable/3.4.1/kubuntu hoary-updates main
>
> At time of writing most of the mirrors have not updated so you can use
> the master server at
>
>  deb ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.4.1/kubuntu hoary-updates main
>
> but it may well be slow/overloaded.

Australian mirrors here (each on one line - watch the wrap):

deb http://mirror.pacific.net.au/kde/stable/3.4.1/kubuntu hoary-updates main
deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/KDE/stable/3.4.1/kubuntu hoary-updates
main

There's probably others but these have good bandwidth and update regularly.

Pacific.net.au appears to be fully synchronised (from a casual browse).
However Aarnet are NOT ready (right now) for "apt-get" yet.  My guess is the
master KDE distribution point is being hammered.

Cheers,

James
--
QOTD:
 "It's a cold bowl of chili, when love don't work out."