intersil prism2

rsevenic at netscape.net rsevenic at netscape.net
Thu May 26 16:59:44 UTC 2005

I am a kubuntu newbie. I have successfully installed kubuntu on a toshiba satellite A25-S207 laptop. The only problem on this machine is that I cannot connect to my WAP with the internal intersil prism2 recognized card. It is seen as eth1.

Now if I insert a Linksys WPC11 ver.3 pcmcia card, it is recognized as eth2. I can connect with this card.

In both cases I use a self-concocted script, using the appropriate interface name in each case (eth1 fails, eth2 succeeds). My guess is that, the problem is one of these options:
* hardware is bad
* driver is flawed
* card is 'misrecognized' and is really something else.

Any suggestions? I can send copious printouts etc., but will wait until I see if I strike gold with a user who has successfully surmounted this problem.

Regards,
Richard, der Alter

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.