Kubuntu Thoughts

Rob Willenberg rob at whatwouldlinuxdo.com
Mon Mar 21 17:08:06 UTC 2005

Thanks for the great work so far. Kubuntu is really shaping up to be a nice
distro.

A few thoughts on what I've encountered:

Rdesktop is not installed with Krdc. Should it be?

Juk and Amarok are redundant. I wasn't a huge fan of Amarok until I saw 1.2,
the version in Kubuntu, and am blown away. One or the other?

Smoothblend for the Windec? It would be distinctive, and seems to be very
popular at Kde-look.org.

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=21107&PHPSESSID=bab2650fb0648887e27a07cf57e91c75

I think Lipstik is a great choice for the Style.

Change the color scheme to match the default background a little better? Make
it a bit darker? I have this here that changes the look slightly:
http://whatwouldlinuxdo.com/backups/Kubuntu-Blue.kcsrc.tar.gz

Ship with a Kubuntu theme in the Theme Manager.

Metabar add on for Konqueror?

Edit as root service menu from kde-apps.org?

--
Sometime you have to ask yourself...
What Would Linux Do?