Partitioner Problems

Irena and Richard Jenkins richard.jenkins at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 19 05:57:54 UTC 2005

Hello Everybody

I tried the Kubuntu linux install from last week 11 or 12 March edition.  It
began well on my G3 iMac (256 Meg of RAM).... but the partitioner reported an
error when it started to format my home partition.  Funnily enough I got a
similar error at the same place when I attempted to run the sarge installer
for Debian!! In both cases the problem occured 100% of the time ... even
after three or four reboots.

Now before anyone starts talking about my hard disk being 'on the way out' ...
I should say that I subsequently completed a YDL 4 install without hiccup ...
and am running on it now!!  I can believe that my hard (the original 6 Gig
model) is getting tired ... but should there be such a big difference in the
results for the debian and YDL partitioners?  Can I run an outside
partitioner and jump over this step in my install??

Ideas please...

(or must I shell out some money for a replacement hdd??)

Richard
--
Irena and Richard Jenkins                VK1NDV & VK1RJ
Canberra   AUSTRALIA