KMail in Last Friday's Image (x86)

Jonathan Byrne jbyrne at frontbridge.com
Mon Mar 14 19:31:31 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 17:18, Irena and Richard Jenkins wrote:

> Downloaded the Friday image of Kubuntu and installed it on my laptop.
>  Only real problem so far is that Kmail refuses to work.  Hard disk

Heheh, I had much more fun than that. Told it to leave my /home (~ 80
gig on /dev/hda9) untouched and mount it as /home, and format the
others as xfs.  Instead of leaving hda9 untouched, it trashed the file
system instead.  Some quality time with xfs_repair recovered it after
deleting the log (which couldn't be replayed), but that was a bit
scary :p  While I have backups of the critical stuff, I was very happy
to not have to go through the effort, thanks to xfs_repair :)

That was the Thursday or Friday daily build of Kubuntu, don't recall
which.  Watch out for that first step, it's a doozy :-)

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Byrne <jbyrne at frontbridge.com>
Manager, Spam Analysis