Apache and PHP4

wayne infotechsys at pivot.net
Sun Jun 26 17:38:54 UTC 2005

I'm using Hoary. I change my httpd.conf to
add support for php4 by using the directives,
LoadModule    libexec/libphp4.so
AddModule     mod_php4.c
AddType       application/x-httpd-php .php .php4

When I restart the apache server I get an
error the /etc/apache/libexec/libphp4.so
can not be found.After I did a "find" on
libexec the results pointed me to
/usr/lib/php4/libexec, but there is nothing
in this directory. I then did a find on libphp4.so
and got the results, /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp4.so.
If I installed Apache-1.3 why do I see bits and
pieces of Apache2? Last question, the directory
that Apache is trying to, /etc/apache/libexec,
doesn't even exist.Where should libphp4.so
go?
Thanks