simple network question please

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 11:19:16 UTC 2005

Hello,

Can anyone answer just this simple question.

SETUP:
I have a modem/router on my computer (host). And in
another room a wireless enabled computer.  Everything
works, both computers or just 1 computer can access
the internet.

QUESTION:
I have a firewall/anti-virues on my computer and all
OS.  Now does the other computer need its own firewall
or does my computer being the host with its firewall
protects it (when its on of course).
The router has option for a firewall.  If i enabled it
i assume it will protect the other computer.  However
will there be conflict with the firewall i have on my
computer (guarddog and zonealarm).

Cheers

Bob