Problem with XMMS

denis darthsuicune at retena.com
Thu Jun 23 16:19:18 UTC 2005

Hi all guys. I'm new at Linux although i already know some basic things...

I've had a problem with XMMS using Kubuntu 5.04

I downloaded the official repository version and installed it. It worked
for a while. Then it suddenly stopped working. Now, when i try to
execute it i get the following error:

/home/denis/.kde/share/config/gtkrc:38: error: unexpected identifier
`gtk-alternative-button-order', expected keyword - e.g. `style'
/home/denis/.kde/share/config/gtkrc:38: error: unexpected identifier
`gtk-alternative-button-order', expected keyword - e.g. `style'

I've tried commenting the line of the file that gives the error, but
then i just get a segfault error.
I've also tried uninstalling it completely, removing the related
directory (~/.xmms) and reinstalling it but it won't work (so i suppose
it's not a config problem or xmms itself problem but another package
problem...)

Thanks 4 all

Cu

Denis