KDE won't install

Martin Hooper martinjh_linux at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 19 14:18:43 UTC 2005

When I try installing KDE I get the following:

martin at Computer:~$ sudo aptitude install kde
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
E: Unable to correct dependencies, some packages cannot be installed
E: Unable to resolve some dependencies!
Some packages had unmet dependencies.  This may mean that you have
or been moved out of Incoming.

   kde: Depends: kdesdk but it is not installable

It does it with both apt-get and aptitude.

Here is my sources.list

# deb cdrom:[Kubuntu 5.04 _Hoary Hedgehog_ - Release i386 (20050407)]/
hoary main restricted

deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary main restricted
deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary-updates main restricted
deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary-updates main restricted

## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from the 'universe'
## repository.
## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to
## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in
## universe WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu security
## team.
deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary universe
deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary universe

deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary multiverse
deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary multiverse

deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary-security main restricted
deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary-security main restricted

# deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary-security universe
# deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary-security universe

deb http://ftp2.caliu.info/backports/ hoary-backports main universe
multiverse restricted
deb http://ftp2.caliu.info/backports/ hoary-extras main universe
multiverse restricted
# deb http://ftp2.caliu.info/backports/ hoary-backports-staging main
universe multiverse restricted
# deb http://ftp2.caliu.info/backports/ hoary-extras-staging main
universe multiverse restricted
deb http://server/repo/ packages/
deb ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.4.1/kubuntu/ hoary-updates main