Getting KDE 3.4.1 - a few questions

malandante malandante at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:31:23 UTC 2005

> Thanks for the (part) answer.
> I agree with your comments about learning, and know how to
> access the man pages on a Linux PC - but where do I find
> them on the Web when working from a Windows PC? Like many
> other people, I am having to learn about Linux while
> running a business and working in Windows. I often have no
> access to my Linux PC but still need to learn about Linux.
>
> Peter

> Powered by Outblaze

I realized later that I hadn't answered all the questions. You don't
have to delete anything in sources.list, just adding a new source with
newer packages makes apt override the old ones. And when you command
apt-get upgrade/dist-upgrade, apt looks for what's upgradeable and
upgrades it all. Since what you have added in sources.list is a kde
only repository, you don't have to worry about other things getting
upgraded unless you had not upgraded your system previously.

Man pages online can be found in several sites which you can easily
find googling linux man pages online. Consider that being apt-get a
debian specific tool, you may not find its man page in every man pages
online site you look for.