Goodbye

David Mackie mcd at gol.com
Tue Jun 14 12:11:04 UTC 2005

Hi-
	I'm sad to read Edward's farewell to Linux. I too migrated from Windows.
Using Linux, I have had to learn more about computing in general, and about
paying attention to small details. I've had to accept how little I know, how
much more there is to learn. But ....
	First, that's called growth -  and growth is a good thing. Second, that
growth leads to control. Linux hasn't been all "plain sailing" -  but that's
between the software, my peculiar hardware, and my own desire to experiment.
If I'd stuck to word-processing and email, I might never have encountered any
problems- but the problems I have had made me think, learn, and grow.
	Edward, if you're still reading . . . . you do not need to be an "advanced
guru", just experiment a little. There are many Linux distributions, tailored
for different users on different machines. If Kubuntu doesn't work, Mandrake
or Fedora probably will. First, ask some advice about your needs and your
equipment. What the heck -  people are helpful, and it's free !

	McDave