new linux-image: why?

trygvebw trygvebw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 10:59:52 CDT 2005

1. It has to. Else it won't be able to tell the bootloader to boot up the
new kernel...
2. Of course, since the ATI driver is a kernel module, which is specific to
the current kernel.
3. I've noticed that too, but it doesn't matter really...

> Another question: I have a system with AMD Athlon 1800+ XP processor. So
> perhaps I should change my kernel to another one:

If you want to change it to anything, change it to

linux-image-686

K7s are older AMD processors.