can't install kubuntu

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 16:16:45 UTC 2005

On Saturday 11 June 2005 11:43, Patrick von Reth wrote:
> i have a new pc and get the cd from a friend and on his system it works
> without problems. I had also tried to install ubuntu but i got the same
> problem. then i downloaded the 64amd version of kubunto with the same
> results. I tried the live cd and it works. when i switch between the
> desktops wis ALT+F2 ther are no errors displayed.

What brand computer? Desktop? Laptop?

What version of Kubuntu (I assume latest)??

What version of Ubuntu (again I assume latest)??

I'm asuming that your computer is an AMD64.

Do you get any error messages? ...or does the installer "just freeze"? If so,
at what point?

We need more info or we can't help.

David

--