how are Ubuntu/Kubuntu goals?

Raphael Brunner lilo- at gmx.ch
Fri Jun 10 12:17:43 UTC 2005

Hello Everybody!

I switched some weeks before the Hoary-Release was out to Kubuntu. there was
every day some updates with apt-get update. And, from the Day on, when the
Release Hoary was made, no updates wasn't there. But there are a lot of
problems with some programs (e.g. KDE, Kaffein, Kopete, ...).
I'm a user, who want a suitable, clean Linux. But Kubuntu hoary had a lot of
bugs.
Then, I switched to Kubuntu breezy. After a lot of updates (like before the
release of hoary) and periodically dependency-problems with some packages...
I found for me, it isn't a good idea, to stay at breezy if I want a suitable
Linux for a Desktop Workstation.

Has anyone a Idea, what I can do and know anyone the idea of Kubuntu? For
witch users is Kubuntu? And where is the difference between Debian
testing/unstable and Kubuntu hoary/breezy?

I read at the Page of ubuntu/kubuntu:
"A Linux that just works" - but at me, it's not true (neither hoary nor
breezy). Unfortunately!

Does anyone feeling the same and has the same experience or does anyone know
whats wrong at me?

Thanks a lot for answers.
Greetings - Raphael