Kicker baloons black-on-black? (SOLVED - sorta)

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Fri Jun 3 03:34:55 UTC 2005

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 01:16 pm, James Gray wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Quick question.  Since installing the Baghira KDE Theme/Style, the kicker
> balloons have gone to black-on-black which means the text is only visible
> by virtue of the shadow.  It looks awful :(
> See it here: http://www.grayonline.id.au/kicker-balloon.png
>
> The balloons were kinda cute to start with then became a little
> distracting, but now with this I'd rather just switch them off (is that
> even possible?). Failing that, does anyone know how to fix it?

Don't you hate it when you post a question then find the solution a few
minutes later totally by accident?

To turn off the balloony-thingys on kicker:
1. Right-click on kicker and select "Panel Menu -> Configure Panel..."
2. Select the "Appearance" tab
3. Deselect the "Enable icon mouseover effects"
4. Apply+OK.  Done.

No more balloony-thingys :)

James
--
You know it's Monday when you wake up and it's Tuesday.
  -- Garfield