Many questions

Curtis Vaughan curtis at npc-usa.com
Mon Jul 25 08:08:08 CDT 2005

I have set up Kubuntu (finally KDE on Ubuntu!) on a rather old laptop.
So far things are working alright, but there are a lot of minor issues
that I hope people can help me resolve. However, I am only going to post
  the most major issue for now. And that is....

If I need to make some changes in Control Center and I am asked to enter
my password, all it does is take my password and then go to this
introductory KDE Control Center page. Even if I return to the section I
wished to make changes to, again it is not in administrative mode and I
can't change anything.

Now I did activate root on this computer. However, root's password also
produces no results. I have a suspicion this problem has something to do
with dcopserver, but what can I do?

Thanks!

Curtis