digikam doesn't find plugins

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Sun Jul 24 16:44:42 UTC 2005

On Sunday 24 July 2005 14:48, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Does anyone know a solution to $SUBJECT?
>
> I've installed digikam, digikamplugins and digikamimageplugins, but digikam
> doesn't find any of the kipi plugins, and the file -> export menu stays
> empty aswell as tools -> batch processes.

Seems like the packages are pretty broken. digikamplugins is obsolete, and has
an old version, the rest I don't know.

However, using Debian unstables packages did help:

1) I removed digikamplugins

# apt-get remove digikamplugins

2) I added the following lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list

# Debian unstable
deb http://ftp.debian.nl/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

(And did apt-get update afterwards)

3) I installed digikam and plugins:

apt-get install digikamimageplugins digikam kipi-plugins

4) Removed the Debian unstable line from /etc/apt/sources.list again

Now digikam works as expected.

Cheers,
--
sebas

 http://www.kde.nl | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
Creative brains are a valuable, limited resource. They shouldn't be wasted on
reinventing the wheel when there are so many fascinating new problems waiting
out there. - Eric Steven Raymond