WebPage program for Ubuntu

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Thu Jul 21 08:45:55 UTC 2005

James Gray rašė:

>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:54, James Gray wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:52, Frank Arnold wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a Web Page builder available in Ubuntu?
>>>I am going to need to put together a few pages.
>>>TIA
>>>Frank
>>>

>>Nvu - Full-blown WYSIWYG tool, not unlike Dreamweaver or FrontPage
>>      (my recommendation)
>>Bluefish - HTML editing tool (Gnome)
>>Quanta - HTML editing tool (KDE)
>>
>>You may need to enable universe and/or multiverse then just:
>>sudo apt-get install <your-choice>
>>Synaptic or Kynaptic.
>>

>OK, Nvu isn't in any of the "normal" Ubuntu repositories, but there's some
>good installation info here:
>http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=17571&goto=nextoldest

This is actually Warty, not the current release discussion.

Ubuntu package for NVU (not the 1.0 release itself, but 1.0 preview
release) is in hoary-backports universe. You have to add the backports
repositories to install it.

I, for example, have these repositories:

deb http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net/ hoary-backports main universe
multiverse restricted
deb http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net/ hoary-extras main universe
multiverse restricted

 in my /etc/apt/sources.list and it did work for me.

Donatas