WebPage program for Ubuntu

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Jul 21 08:20:37 UTC 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:54, James Gray wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:52, Frank Arnold wrote:
> > Is there a Web Page builder available in Ubuntu?
> > I am going to need to put together a few pages.
> > TIA
> > Frank
>
> Nvu - Full-blown WYSIWYG tool, not unlike Dreamweaver or FrontPage
>       (my recommendation)
> Bluefish - HTML editing tool (Gnome)
> Quanta - HTML editing tool (KDE)
>
> You may need to enable universe and/or multiverse then just:
> sudo apt-get install <your-choice>
> Synaptic or Kynaptic.

OK, Nvu isn't in any of the "normal" Ubuntu repositories, but there's some
good installation info here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=17571&goto=nextoldest

...and the official Nvu homepage:
http://www.nvu.com/index.html

Enjoy,

James
--
You got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues,
And you know it don't come easy ...