local mail to my user account.

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Wed Jul 20 17:52:28 UTC 2005

On Friday 15 July 2005 17:06, paul cooke wrote:
> On Friday 15 July 2005 10:52, James D Tyler wrote:
> > I'm using kubuntu. trying to configure my local account in kmail keeps
> > giving me an error that it cannot be locked. How can I specifically set
> > this up for a manual check?
>
> use the "None" locking method, works for me...

Well, 'none' is dangerous.  Use FCNTL!  (Mhmm, isn't this
the default?)

Debian policy ist quite clear (especially paragraph 3)

http://www.de.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-customized-programs.html#s-mail-transport-agents

Assumed that you don't NFS mount /var/mail,  FCNTL looking is save.
AFAICS kmail provides no way to to FCNTL + dot locking :(

Achim
                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com