Easier multi-media sound

james paslay jamespaslay at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 16:29:00 UTC 2005

I am experiencing a problem that appears to be common
for new ubuntu/kubuntu users. When I run the cdplayer
application, I get no sound. I have sound on bootup
and shutdown, but obviously am missing some file that
plays sound in multimedia applications. Is there
anything new or on the horizon that will allow users
to simply download multimedia players like Mplayer and
have them install and configure easily under kubuntu?