No sound in Quicktime

Ivan Low visional_freeman at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 04:45:18 UTC 2005

I don't know did I miss some configuratioin step but there was this
problem since the beginning and I had been doing some search on the
linuxquestion.org and to some people on the other distro running KDE
experience the same problem when trying to load quicktime movie trailer
over the web without sound. What the solution given was to install some
plug-in and it will work all fine. After a search over the synaptic I
found nothing that was mention. I was wondering that since I'm a in a
Kubuntu forum, does anybody experence the same problem as mine? What can
I do about this? I also try the configure the kaffeine player audio
setup but I was told cannot change to other audio engine since it is set
to auto detect. Is this all related? How can I change audio engine?

Ivan