Kmail problem solved.

James D Tyler jty at bigfoot.com
Sat Jul 16 22:41:01 UTC 2005

I corresponded with Quini for a few minutes last night. His solution was quite
elequent and simple to achieve. using the usermod command "usermod -g mail
jtyler4" added my user jtyler4 to the mail group in addition to the groups
already attributed to him. I relogged myself as jtyler4 to change my user
privaliges and started kmail. It loaded and polled my local user acount
bringing all my local user admin notices in one big rush.

Thanks so much for all the help. You're all great.
Jay tyler

--
James D Tyler
jty at bigfoot.com