Restoration of Desktop Trash Icon

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Jul 7 20:55:30 CDT 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 07:39 am, Raymond wrote:
> I have somehow deleted the trash icon on the desktop.
>
> How does one restore this?
>
> Raymond

OK - I was closer on my first reply - disregard the instructions about
creating a ~/Desktop/Trash directory.  It's wrong.

Adding a "+Kubuntu" to the google search works wonders (ie, I wonder why I
didn't do that first!)

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=241280#post241280

Basically, copy /usr/share/apps/systemview/trash.desktop to ~/Desktop

That's it.  There are a few other ".desktop" files
in /usr/share/apps/systemview that you may find useful, so have a play
around, and sorry about the red herrings.

Cheers,

James
--
Spirtle, n.:
 The fine stream from a grapefruit that always lands right in your eye.