Restoration of Desktop Trash Icon

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.nl
Fri Jul 8 01:52:16 UTC 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 03:35, James Gray wrote:
> http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-kde/2002-Apr/0034.html
>
> It's not for Kubuntu but it's enough to employ some lateral thinking
> to come up with a solution for Kubuntu:
> 1. Create the ~/Desktop/Trash *directory*
> 2. Dump the attached ".directory" file in the directory in #1.
> 3. Refresh the desktop (Right-click the desktop, select refresh) -
> voila!

I'm not sure this works for KDE 3.4 anymore since handling of trash has
changed since then. It's now a "protocol" with the ability to restore
files, not anymore a simple directory.

Having said that, I don't know the real solution to the problem, I'm
afraid. :-(
--
sebas

 http://www.kde.nl | http://vizZzion.org |  GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9
A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray
and the blinking red light. - Dave Barry