Problem installing programs

Dennis_Drescher at Dennis_Drescher at
Thu Jul 7 14:36:47 CDT 2005

I'm fairly new to Kubuntu. I have used several flavors of Debian over the
past couple years but I'm not what you would call a power user. I'm having
problems installing some programs. I'm getting an error out of Synaptic
that I don't know what to do with. So far it has happened when I tried to
install Digikam and OpenOffice 2 first I get a dialog box that says:

Some of the packages could not be retrieved from the server(s).
Do you want to continue, ignoring these packages?

I'm assuming that answer should be no, which then stops the process.
However, for one of them I said yes just to see what would happen and I
got an error like this:

W: Failed to fetch
MD5Sum mismatch

This probably was caused because of the first problem but I'm not sure.

My question is, are some dependent libraries missing from the repository
or am I missing some repositories from my installation of Synaptic? If so,
which ones? Thanks.