ipod ejecting problem

Jules Dubois 4lvhgwz02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Dec 30 05:22:21 UTC 2005

On Thursday 29 December 2005 13:31, NatureCyber Life <nclife at gmail.com>
(<520f3ee20512291231k6e843195ja5bf361c9ec8a189 at mail.gmail.com>) wrote:

> anyone? i still cant figure out how to get rid of the "do not disconnect"
> message to remove it safely.

I use "eject -s /dev/ipod" where ipod is a symlink to sda2.  eject used to
work reliably, but for some months, it only works once or twice after a
reboot.  When it doesn't work, I sometimes try again; then, eject usually
tells me "unable to open /dev/sda2" and after it's told me that once, it
always give the same error.

Now, when eject fails, I just pull the cable after unmounting it and waiting
at least a minute.

I also wait at about a minute after attaching it to the computer before
starting gtkpod (which I've configured to mount and unmount it).  When I
wait, it never tells me it can't find its databases.